Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Parental Acceptance

The holidays are upon us, we have celebrated Thanksgiving and now Christmas is now just around the corner. During such times of celebration we tend to gather around that which is meaningful such as home, friends and family. However, with this gathering comes some inevitable awkwardness or frustration especially when it comes to family ... parents in particular.

photo via bobbonehead

The dynamics of a parent-child relationship are incredible and at times incredibly difficult. Often times the difficulties in this relationship are greater as the child becomes an adult. I have experienced this quite often and was even thinking on the matter just last week as my family prepared for Thanksgiving. Then I received my GOOP newsletter for the month and the topic was straight from my heart/mind : Parental Acceptance

I highly recommend taking a few moments to read the newsletter here and see if it doesn't help give you some insight on how to love and accept your parents just as they are ...

No comments: